Sunday, August 6, 2006

A Child's Stress...

Due to this great developing world of technology, I have now accumulated over 600 pictures on my digital camera. The point being, I have made numerous trips to Wal-Mart to the one hour developing station over the last two days. Now being this person who loves technology so much, JK (that's for you Chelsea) my children hardley ever get to go play the video games that are set up. However, since they are located next to the picture center in the Greenville Wal-Mart, my kids have played them a lot lately. As we were leaving Wal-Mart Saturday Bradley began telling me about his video game playing experience.

"I can't believe how much taller I am mom."
"Oh, why?"
"Used to when I would try to play games I could barely reach the controller. Now I can actually see it and the T.V. and play the games. Man, it just used to be so stressful."

I wish this was the same extent of my daily stresses!!! So, when things seem beyond my reach, the lesson taken is this...
Instead of just barely holding on the the controller, I should grow up a little and let You know Who take care of it!

2 comments:

Candice said...

Oh what we learn from our children! Thanks for the encouragement, Laura!

jaime s said...

Preach it, Laura!! What a cute story and wonderful analogy!

Hey, can you help me with something? How does the little phrase go that you used to "sing" to Bradley...all I can remember is "eye winker, nose something, chin something, wee wee wee. My mom told me that my grandmother used to do it to me when I was little and Faith is now showing signs of being a little ticklish on her neck so I know she'd love it but I can't remember how it goes. I've asked other mom friends and they look at me like I'm crazy!!! Please enlighten me!!