Thursday, October 26, 2006

Before I explain the pictures below I want to ask that you all remeber my friend Julie Beth and her family in your prayers. Her mom passed away unexpectedly Monday morning. Kathy had nine Grandkids and that just makes me sad because you know she was a good grandmother and she won't even get to meet JB's newest baby that is due in March. At least she won't meet her here on earth. It just seems like a long time to wait to see the ones we love again in Heaven even though we know they are so much happier and in a much better place. My heart is soo sad for my friend. She was such a support for me when I had a difficult time in college. I was not able to go to the funeral this morning, but I did get to go to the visitation last night. I'm not sure exactly what to say or how to encourage them, but just take a moment to ask God to be with them and comfort them.

Bradley really wanted me to post his pumpkin. He painted Sponge Bob on one side and Patrick on the other. On the two other adjacent sides he painted their houses. He won first place in the second grade. He worked really hard on his pumpkin and I'm glad the judges were able to judge on this ability and not the ones that were really awesome but looked like a little too much parent involvement :)

Jake painted a "scawey" (scarey) ghost on his pumpkin. He also got a new gel ant farm from Target and the ants arrived in the mail the other day. This toy looked really cool in the store but I am not impressed with this ant farm. Do not buy this toy. The ants are not tunneling like the product said they would. I may have to empty it in two days and put dirt in it.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I'm sad about Julie Beth's mom. I only knew her by association, but I can't imagine what it is like to lose your mom suddenly...especially when she was so young.

Bradley did a great job on his Sponge Bob! Your boys are so handsome.