Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Update... with Laura Scott.


Posted by Picasa Okay, I'm having way too much fun with Picasa tonight. Well, it was a busy, but fun weekend. Jamil, you may need to plan another trip to see you nephews, because Uncle Gary may have won the boys over this weekend. :)

Maddie and Nate and Gary and Coby came to our house Saturday and then again on Sunday. The kids played and played as you can see from pictures. They even made it in time to catch Bradley's soccer game. They were able to find his team easily due to the flourecent uniforms that only Bradley's team has. Everyone else gets normal colors except for us. Go figure. Doesn't matter though, we are the only team that has Pizza Hut for our sponsor. So take that when we have an awesome end of the season party!

Update on the house.................................................................Nothing! Supposedly the people are getting their financing through Red River Federal Credit Union which is slow according to the realtor. Randy and I are doubtful as to celebrating a sold house any time soon.

Bradley went roller skating for the first time Sunday! His friend had a Birthday party. Bradley never gave up and was very cautious, but after an hour and a half he made it out to the middle of the rink to skate with everyone. I think he only fell five times. He'd rather take his time and do something right, than to just jump right in and go for it. I must say he was quite impressed with my skating skills. And just so you know, they still play all the same music from our day! "Hey Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!" I couldn't believe it! Of course instead of the hokey pokey, they do the Cha Cha Cha. Yea, I never caught on to that one. Just because I can sing and skate doesn't mean I have any rythm.

Sunday after church we ate lunch with the preacher and his wife and their freshman son (they also have 2 girls in college). I was a little nervous about this, but it went really well. We actually talked for an hour and a half and they said they wanted to have us over some time. He is new to town and church like we are. We loved this time with them Sunday. They are a very neat couple.

Tomorrow my friend from down the street is coming over with her ten month old. And she is my kind of friend. I asked her what time she thought she might come and she said 1:00! Yes, I don't fully wake up until about 10:00. Finally, a friend who enjoys playing in the afternoon!

Don't know why I decided to share so much stuff tonight. I guess I've just had a really nice weekend and don't know which part was my favorite, so I'll share it all!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Man, you weren't kidding about the flourescent uniforms....yikes...how do the others kids focus on anything but their uniforms!!

I'm an "afternoon friend" as well. Too bad we don't live closer. God blessed me with a daughter who is not only an excellent sleeper (most of the time) but also a late riser!!

Candice said...

I'm glad you "decided to share so much stuff". I like getting a glimpse of all you've been up to.

So, did they play "Jump" by Van Halen at the roller rink? That was one of my favorites (a big challenge to "jump" on your skates:)).