Thursday, November 2, 2006

"These are a few of my favorite things!"

I don't know if it's the age Jake is at or what but he just seems to crack me up lately. I'm sure if I had been blogging when Bradley was four I would have listed some stuff about him. This isn't a Thursday thirteen or anything. It's just a few of the things that he does that will give you a little glimps into his personality.
1. He always wears his shoes on the wrong feet, and he doesn't care to switch them when you tell him they are backwards.

2. Our repeated coversations about boys and girls. Jake "Are babies born as boys and girls? ME Yes Jake. J When I was born was I a boy? M Yes Jake. J When you were born were you a girl? M Yes Jake! J How many boys are in the universe? Thousands?! M Yes Jake.

3. The movie ELF has become one of our all time favorites. We watch it year round. I love it when we are grocery shopping in Wal-mart and Jake busts out in his loudest voice with his favorite line from the movie "
I'm singing. I'm singing and I'm in a store and I'm singing!"

4. The other day he was playing guns and pretending to shoot someone and I said "Jake we don't shoot people. You can shoot animals like squirls or deer." Jake gets all serious and says "
No, No, Mom. Santa uses reighndeer. We don't shoot deer momma!" Ha isn't he in for a rude awakening! :)

5. I love how he still wants to rock at night and he still cuddles with his baby blanket!

6. This last one is my favorite. He has these imaginary friends Pete and Rudy from the football movie Rudy. They have lived with us for a little over a year now. Rudy is about two inches tall and Pete is Jakes size. Of course their favorite time of day to show up is at bedtime to keep Jake awake (How convenient). Jake usually comes out from the bedroom and says "Pete and Rudy are bothering me!" They then have to sit in time out and Jake falls asleep just fine. Of course they have died a few times when Jake had real friends coming over to play. EX: About an hour before Jake's fourth Birthday party, he informed us that Rudy drowned in our pool and he wouldn't be able to make the party.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey does this work?

deeanne

Laura Scott said...

Yes! Now you can leave me comments about how your nephews are the rockinest thing ever and da bomb! I had to explain both of these to the boys. I still don't think they get it.

Just Me. . . said...

SO CUTE!!!

Patti said...

I seem to remember a little girl who always wore her shoes on the wrong feet and didn't care. HOWEVER, if the seam on the sock was crooked, we were all in for it!
Love and fond memories,
Mom

Candice said...

Those are all great! That's awesome that he still loves to rock at night. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

ok try this one. Bradley, your pumpkin was mad hot.

around here, all the kids say it. even the littlest ones. one of my kids said to me the other day, "yo, ms. bullard, your sneakers are mad hot.'

deeanne

Laura Scott said...

DeeAnne,
Did you forget you got married a few months ago. Shouldn't it be yo MRS. Bullard. And that still isn't even it. Shouldn't it be Yo, MRS. M------- (won't type so the whole world doesn't know your name. Not to mention I can't spell it :)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, silly me. forgot to change my name. i'll get around to it eventually

deeanne

DeeAnne said...

aha! i'm in. no more anonymous for me- i've cracked the secret code.