Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My New Best Friend...
I think I am going to like my new friend that is pictured below. After I forgot Monday to bring the chips and queso that I promised Bradley and his teacher I would bring to the Cinco De Mayo celebration, I decided I needed some help to get myself together. Luckily I remembered at 9:30 that morning that I was supposed to bring the chips and queso. I ran to Lone Oak Grocery and bought a box of velveeta, two cans of rotel, and two bags of tostitos chips...and my grand total was... $20!!! Wow, disorganization can really cost you, and I wasn't about to dissapoint my child. It is so hard working this year and still keeping up with the house, and school activities for my kids. I love my job, but I really wish I could still stay home. I think it will be better next year, when I am a little more used to going to work every day.

And here are the Scott Boys. My sweet wonderful boys. I love love love them. Last night I forgot, I mean I remebered (HA) that Tuesday was teacher appreciation day, and the kids bring them candy. I sat in the chair, rolled my eyes and said uggghhh I really don't want to go to Wal Mart. Bradley said, "Mom if it would be an encouragement to you, I will go with you." What a sweetheart. He even opened the car doors for me and he offered to buy me a treat at Wal MArt. Love that boy!!!

And lastly, I am so excited that it is dewberry season! I picked these lovely beauties tonight while out on my walk. Birds are eating my strawberries we planted :( I don't know how to keep them away.
And notice behind the dewberries, are two cups with colored shiny decorator stones (whatever you call those things). These are the good manner jars. Since we had to cancel our Disney trip last year for good reason (well my father in laws death was not good, but we were good with canceling for the funeral), we will be going this summer. I have booked our dinners at some nice restaraunts. And, we hardley ever eat at the table together or go out to eat. The other night, the four of us went to Ice Burgs (my new favorite hammburger joint) and the boys really dissapointed me with their behavior. Then, that dissapointed me with myself, because we haven't been eating all together every night like we should. So, we started eating together EVERY night until our trip and the boys will be working on there manners. To make it fun, I told them that for every two marble things they put in the jar, they would each get a quarter. I think they have the potential to earn ten bucks a piece? I also old them this is a life lesson, and this will be continued after the disney trip (not the jars, the good manners). We will see.

4 comments:

Scott Family said...

Ok, love the calendar! I too would lose myself if I didn't keep a calendar of everything. And here we have new holidays, too, so I need to also begin marking those. And what great boys you have--can't wait to soak up that sweetness when we are home next year! AND, lastly, great idea with the good manners jars! Way to take disappointment and do something with it :)

DeeAnne said...

hi laura. great pictures. i miss you.

Candice said...

What sweet boys you are raising!

Yes, my brain used to hold a lot more information, but I have to rely on some calendar help these days. And even then, sometimes I neglect to look at the calendar and totally miss something. It is scary at times.

It is so fun to look forward to a big event like your Disney trip.Good idea with the jar.

jaime s said...

Mom of the year! Mom of the year!

Everytime I read your blog I get inspired! I love hearing about the hearts of your kiddos! I wish I knew them better but am thankful that the blog world lets me know them at least some!!!