Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jake's Journey to Jupiter

Well, Jake loves school! Of course he has plenty of his own ideas of what we should do and I have to remind him that I am the teacher. Our current unit is studying the solar system and he is learning he letter J this week. FYI- As of today (after being sure to teach my child the names of the largest and smallest planets this week) Pluto is no longer considered a planet. What is that all about? I'll explain that to Jake later. As for purposes of not thuroughly confusing him, Pluto is still a planet in our house this week!!
Yesterday we got to join a group of 6 other moms and went to the children's museum in Commerce. This was a neat place. They even had a space center. Jake loved playing here and the other kids were all nice and very well behaved. I am going to love this group of moms!!! I haven't had a group of mom's to hang out with for years. In Atlanta there were two other stay at home moms from church and I had one good friend in Texarkana. So, this group is a blessing.
I should have put a picture of my sweet new ride on the blog for everyone. While my car is being fixed, I asked enterprise for a compact car to drive. Since when is a mini van a compact car??? I was a little scared to go from my Monte Carlo to a Ford Freestar, but it's easier to drive than I thought. I actually kind of like it and so do the boys. I was playing Nicole Nordiman's accoustic songs last night in the car and Bradley said, "I like this car. It's so much more peaceful than our other one." I didn't tell him that it was the music making it so peaceful :)

3 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

You are such a fun mom!!! What a great school time for Jake. :) And, I can't believe they have SUCH a cool children's place in Commerce. So fun.

Oh, and congrats on the new car! I love Nichole Nordeman and I agree that she makes any ride peaceful!! :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, I didn't mean "new car"...I know it was a rental. But, my kids always think we got a new car when we have rentals (especially when out of town). It's fun to drive something new (although usually small) for a little while!

Pearson Family said...

So fun. Who knew Commerce was so fun?