Thursday, August 24, 2006


SONIC...YOUR ULTIMATE DRINK STOP! What am I looking at you might ask? This my friends is a picture of 56 coupons for 99 cent, 32 ounce soft drinks. I had been disapointed since moving to Greenville at the cost of a large drink here. It is $1.71. The highest of any town I have ever been in. And for someone who goes to Sonic for a large diet coke just about every day, that's a lot of money. Anyway, with the support of my mother being in the car today with me, I asked to speak with the manager. He came out and I asked him why a bag of their ice cost the same price as a large drink. I mean the ice is what makes their drinks so special and your telling me that for the ten cents of syrup and the cup it cost the same as a bag of ice for you to make a profit? I don't think so! I was also unhappy with this being the first Sonic I have visited to not have a happy hour! I told the manager I was being so hard on him because in my opinion Sonic sets the standards for all of the surrounding fast food places when it comes to drink prices. I mean they are the Ultimate drink stop right?! So, this may be a quick fix for the manager to hand me 56 coupons. Does it help the rest of America who still has to pay $1.71 for a large drink? No. Does it save me $35.84? Yes, and that my friends makes me a very happy person today!!

2 comments:

DeeAnne said...

holy chihuahuas. you are the queen of the deal. nice job. tune in soon for pics of our trip...

Jenni said...

Laura -- it was great to see you today and to catch up on where your life is.....if you'll email me your address, I'll get Jake's blanket in the mail....(click over to my profile and my email is listed there)