Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving???

So this one is a tuff one to share. While mom and I anticipate a fun day tomorrow selling our jewelry, I am reminded of so many others who are struggling and hurting. My father in law who can’t even eat this bountiful harvest of food because of the cancer (We love you John and Grandma Deborah and we are definitely continuing to pray for you and we were very thankful that we have you!) My friend JB who is going through the first holiday after the loss of her mother. My old Abilene friend Kinney who is in ICU after suddenly coming down Guillian Barre Syndrome (from what I heard, he will spend a month in the hospital and have to relearn how to walk.) This disease struck him when he was young and it basically paralyzed him but he overcame it then. You can visit his blog at http://kinneymabry.blogspot.com/

And then literally, two minutes before we sat down to eat Thanksgiving lunch I got a call from a friend who told me a friend of ours from when we lived in Ferris lost their 5 year old yesterday (Wed.) in a tragic accident on the farm. What’s sad is he turned five Tuesday and his party was going to be Sunday. They are a sweet sweet family. John Paul and Heather.

So how do you sit down to a Thanksgiving meal and be thankful when so many around you are hurting? That is a tough one for me. I am so thankful for my boys, my husband, my mom and I getting to have our business (my dad for putting up with us), our house (yes even both of them) , that we have so many blessings. My heart has a great joy and yet a deep sadness for those that I am personally connected with in the above paragraphs. I don’t know. I hope many of you and all of you had happy and fun filled thanksgivings. I really, really do. I want that for everyone, and I guess that is why it’s so hard to be thankful, I want it to all be perfect for everyone. I don’t enjoy hurting and I don’t want others to have to hurt. I know this is a down blog entry. Sorry, I just didn’t feel right only posting happy wonderful things about my life when a part of my heart is sad. So share in my happiness of the good and wonderful blessings my family has had this week, and pray for the ones who giving thanks may not come as easily for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deborah writes: God bless you for thinking of us. I told John this was the 3rd Thanksgiving he hasn't been able to eat and that is 3 too many! We made the mistake of watching a sad movie tonight of a young mother who was dying. We both lost it at the end, just sobbing. Keep praying! We are still full of hope and appreciate each new day, thankful for good family and friends.