Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hi, my name is Laura, and I'm a recovering....

CAFFEINE ADDICT!!! Yes, I can proudly say I have kicked my bad habit of caffeine for 4 whole days now!!! To those of you who aren't addicted to something, let me tell you it's a hard thing to break. After reading Sarah's blog about her raw foods diet, I was very inspired to live healthy. I thought I would give this diet a try. You basically eat fruits and vegetables and almonds raw....no steaming, no seasonings, no dressings.

I have to admit I have cheated a bit on the food part, but my sysytem was in such shock over giving up the diet cokes, that my headaches were pretty intense the first two days. Today is the first day I haven't had a headache. I hope to get the food to a completely raw diet. I cheated by eating some pizza yesterday and the other days I have put ranch on my salad.

I know this sounds so silly but I really am proud of myslef for giving up the diet coke. I have drank nothing but water. Yall, up until four days ago, all I drank was diet coke....I never touched water. Very unhealthy...and that's what this is about for me...To Be Healthy!

One thing I did do the first day to take my mind off of food, was take the boys to see Bridge To Terabithia. I LOOOOOVE this movie! This book and Save Queen of Sheba were the only two I ever enjoyed reading in my educational years. I think I read Bridge to Terabithia in fourth grade. Warning though, take your kleenex with you to the movie...it is JUST like the book. Anyway, I will be buying this movie when it comes out on DVD.

Funny thing about Jake...he wanted me to know his name has changed from "speedy" to "speedy boy Dash swim boy" HA! He wore his Dash (the little boy on the Incredibles) short sleeved shirt over his Dash long sleeved shirt, Dash socks, Dash hat and sunglasses to school today. Actually they were my sunglasses but he really wanted to wear them. He even wore them in his class today...he didn't want to take them off, so he colored in them....What's funny is when we got home from MDO, the kids next door (homeschooled-that's why they were home) Said to Jake "You look cool today!" And those kids are 7 and 10! HA that's just the boost Jake needed for his speedy ego!!!

4 comments:

Wade said...

Good luck, Laura! You can do it!

I'm a big believer in drinking plenty of water.

Last year, I started carrying a 64 oz jug of water with me every day and it really made a difference.

Sure, I have to run to the restroom a lot but it cut out my sweet tooth cravings - which was causing the 'biggest' problems, if you know what I mean! I just don't have those afternoon hunger pangs any more!

Some days I drink all 64 ounces, others I don't. But just the attempt to drink more water makes a difference.

Experts say that drinking 64 ounces of water also improves sleep and reduces the chances of breast and bladder cancer.

Huh, who knew?

Keep it up!

DeeAnne said...

yay laura! keep it up! you may be "cheating" according to your diet, but you gotta remember that you are still eating so much healthier. right! way to go!

Candice said...

You know I share the same lack of love for water. I started keeping small disposable cups by my bathroom sink, and I drink three cups of water when I brush my teeth and at least one cup when I wash my hands (this happens more frequently since I am going to the restroom more often). It doesn't all equal up to the recommended 64ounces, but it is a heck of a lot more than what I was doing before. Plus, I could always just drink more in one sitting. For some reason, that works for me better as part of my regular routines.

Very proud of you! You can do it. You'll start appreciating the way foods are meant to taste in their original state. Maybe I'll get to that place one day:).

Monica said...

Giving up cafine sucks!!! I was trying to be the good pregnant girl and not drink it, but that ended with the headaches. I figure with all the wierd things happening to me that I can't control, if I can control a headache I am going to do so!!! The crazy thing is I do not drink that many cokes, but I am much more addicted than I ever thought!!
Good for you. Just don't ask me to join in your way of thinking. : )