Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Now is that one good looking kid or what???

Last week Bradley came home from school and pulled a small wadded up piece of paper out of his pocket and began apologizing to me. He said, "I'm really sorry mom. I tried my hardest and I just couldn't pass the test. She said I failed it. I'm so sorry mom." I looked at the piece of paper and chuckled. It was from the school nurse saying that Bradley failed his eye exam. Bradley was standing there really upset waiting to see what my reaction would be...he never fails anything. I told him it was okay and said all it meant was that he would need to see an eye doctor.

After getting off the phone with the eye doctor, I went in the kitchen to find Bradley crying at the table. He said he didn't want glasses because all the kids would laugh at him and make fun of him. After a good little talk, I had him feeling better and told him he didn't even have to worry about it until next week anyway.

So today he went to the eye doctor and man he is blind!!! I don't know how we didn't have any problems at school or signs elsewhere! So we drove to Mesquite to LensCrafters and he got glasses in 1 hour! Funny thing is that after all the pouting and crying last week, Bradley LOVES his glasses. He couldn't believe how good he could see. And while enjoying a nice ice cream cone and CHICK A FLAY (Jake's pronunciation) he siad, "I don't care anymore if the kids laugh at me. I'll just be like so what. I can see now." He's soooo cute!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Wade said...

Oh how I can relate!

I had to start wearing glasses in the 4th grade after I shot myself in the eye with my bee-bee gun - don't ask, long story!

Anyway, I bummed out as well . . . until one of the really cute girls in class came up and said that she like my glasses because they made me look smart! Hey now!

I would say the same for the Brad-ster!

W

Patti said...

Oh, my. It seems just yesterday that Bradley was toddling around the yard, picking up acorns with Randy. He is looking so much older this year! And I think Wade is on to something. He does look mighty intelligent (no prejudice here!!!)
Love you,
Mom

jaime s said...

Bradley,

You look WAY COOL in your glasses!! I think it's even cooler that you care more about seeing than about what other kids will say about you. You can start a trend in your school where you are brave enough to say what you really feel instead of pretending to like something else just so that other kids will like you! I didn't learn that lesson until I was a grown up!! That's pretty sad!

I LOVE YOUR GLASSES!! I wanted glasses so badly when I was your age. I pretended to fail my eye exam but somehow the eye doctor figured it out and told my mom I was faking! I was so close to getting to look cool like you!!

Way to go!!

Jaime

Candice said...

What a handsome young man! I love Bradley's glasses and his mature insight!

DeeAnne said...

Hey Bradley!

Your glasses look GREAT. Nice choice on the frames!

JB said...

So handsome! I can't believe how grown up he is!

Kendra said...

Tell Bradley I think he looks VERY handsome, and much older and wiser! Seeing is a good thing for sure. Those blue eyes are awesome, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Bradley, you look great! Love the new glasses. You look smart and handsome! And I bet it's great to be able to see better! We sure do miss you guys!
Love ya!
Gary, Coby, Madelyn and Nathan