Monday, April 23, 2007

LADYBUGS AND ROSES!

Jake and I went to the park today to feed the ducks our spoiled bread. On the way back to the car we found and caught at least 10 ladybugs! We kept them in Jake's baseball hat until we got back to the car and then put them in an empty cup. Then we came home and put them in the bug holder! Fun.



When we were looking at the ladybugs, we also found this catepillar that Jake didn't know he caught!

After that last storm that came through a week ago, our rose bush took a beating and was drooping over a lot. I didn't want to cut it, but the weight of the branches was going to kill it. There are still tons of roses on it, and we anchored the top branches so I can still look at them out the kitchen window when doing the dishes. The roses are just beautifull though and now I have this vase full to look at inside the house as well!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Laura-you are such a fun mom!!! You're going to have to help me with this mother-of-boys thing =)

Monica said...

Jake seems like such a fun little boy. I still giggle every time I see the kid four wheelers. Remember when I thought he had his own big four wheeler. I have never been the fastest to catch on. He bug catcher box sure is pretty with all the flowers and bugs.
Hope your jewlery show goes well. I loved your story about Jake making you a place to hang your jewlery.