Wednesday, July 4, 2007

PaPa's room





Well, insted of starting our first day at Disney, we are sending Randy out to California to meet up with Deborah, his sister, and his brother Gary. We are sad but somewhat relieved to say that PaPa passed away Monday night. He fought a LONG brave battle against cancer and the Lord finally took him home. Bradley had come home from church one night with these materials to make what he thought his room would look like in Heaven. He decided instead to make what he thought Papa's room would look like, since he knew Papa was very sick.

"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

I know that John is loving his new room in Heaven that was made just for him, and I'm sure it is way more beautifull than polished stones and a yellow plate. We miss him greatly but we know he is finally home and without pain.

5 comments:

Just Me. . . said...

I'm so sad to hear of Randy's father's passing. I know that it has been weighing on your family for awhile. Randy is in our prayers. . .

Wade said...

Sorry to hear about Papa - we'll keep you in our prayers.

W

Candice said...

Such sweet,encouraging words, Laura. I am so sorry for your family's loss and grief. We will be praying for you all.

Kendra said...

That's such a sad / happy thing. I remember someone recently said, "It's not that we are sad about where (our loved one) IS, it's where he ISN'T that makes it so hard". Letting them go is hard . . .even when you know telling them hi for eternity is just around the corner. Come quickly, Jesus . .

Candice said...

Happy belated birthday Laura!