Monday, August 6, 2007

Bradley's New Hobby




This weekend when Bradley stayed with his Nana, he somehow managed to come home with her really nice camera. She had bought a new one because her flash quit popping up automatically. It still works, you just have to pull it up manually. Randy and I struggled a little with the fact that an 8 year old has such a nice camera, but Bradley is a very responsible kid and we know he will take care of it. I am going to buy him a simple notebook and he can use his allowance to develope the pictures he really likes, so he can put them in the notebook. Then, he can journal about the pictures. Bradley is so creative and I can't wait to see some of the pictures/stories/ideas he comes up with. We are hoping Uncle Jamil can give him some simple pointers when we see him next week in New York :)

Anyway, I am housesitting again for my parents while they are visiting my sweet Mikah right now. I took the boys on a bike trail at Parr park this morning and roller bladed. We stopped to take a rest by the pond and I let Bradley get out his camera and photgraph away. I love nature and I want the boys to really appreciate God's creation. Bradley took this picture of me and Jake and I didn't even know it. I thought it was really good.

I also got to go to Texarkana this weekend and see my good friend Kelley. That's when Bradley stayed with Nana...these were some of Jake's friends from when we lived in Atlanta. Kelley is an awesome cook and taught me a new recipe while there. She's one of those people who can just create and throw food together and make an incredible meal. We had a good time with our friends.
Cade, Jake, and Clay

Jake singing to Kyndal

3 comments:

DeeAnne said...

oh my goodness. i can't believe how beautiful that picture is. tell bradley that he is a natural. i hope he brings his camera to new york. there will be lots to take pictures of!

jaime s said...

What a talent, Bradley has!!

My nephew (almost 7 years old) just picked up his glasses today. He's a little nervous about what kids will think of him. I immediately thought of Bradley and his new glasses. Any chance he could write my nephew an encouraging letter about wearing glasses?? Let me know and I'll send you his address.

Have fun on all your travels!

Anonymous said...

Is Jake going to take after his Pappy with the guitar playing? And Bradley just might take after his uncle Jamil. Little boys are so much fun. Mikah told me that he can't wait to meet you all!