Sunday, May 18, 2008

Busy Weekend

Friday night we went to watch my mother-in-law perform in the Irving Chorale. It wasn't the traditional "boring" performance. HA! I am not making fun of them, it really was a funny performance. A guy burped (on purpose) in one of the songs. The orchestra came out dressed in beach clothes, and they did some rendition of Bach I have never heard before. I know, way to expose our boys to the fine arts, HA! We go to their "traditional" Christmas Programs though. Even though It was entertaining, Jake still sat the last 20 minutes with his fingers in his ears asking when he could go home (don't take offense to this Nana...keep reading below).

We spent the night with Nana and then headed over to Grandpa's and Mimi's on Saturday to the Rangers game. Dad's company provided the tickets along with all you can eat hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks, cookies...and they gave the boys a rangers ball cap and a drawstring back pack. We had sooo much fun! Then, after the ballgame, everyone moved out to some grassy field by the ball park and enjoyed a Robert Earl Keen Concert!!! So much fun! Jake was tired and he pulled his same fingers in the ear trick and asking when we could go home. I think we left at about 11. The boys went to bed mucho early tonight, but what a blast!


Good name on that Jersey...He even hit a homerun!

Waiting for the concert to start


Proud to be an American. They had live satellite feed of the Army Band in Iraq to play the national anthem, and a little boys dad was live via satellite and sang his son happy birthday. It was sweet.

What my sons did during the Robert Earl Keen concert...laid on their backs and shot the stars with fake guns...sory for my lack of filming skills.

3 comments:

DeeAnne said...

great pictures! wish we coulda been there!

JB said...

LOVE IT! What a fun weekend. Robert Earl King is one of my fav Texas musicians!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous--I love Robert Earl Keen!!
Deborah