Tuesday, August 26, 2008

SCHOOL


Well, we seemed to have muddled through our first two days of school. Not only did school start this week, but we also had our first soccer practice this evening. YIKES! Needless to say, my house is a disaster, we are exhausted, and Jake has consistantly had one meltdown per day.

Todays meltdown was over mashed potatoes. Since practice was at 6:30, I had the boys eat some mashed potatoes before practice and decided I would get the rest of dinner cooked afterwards. Well, Jake fell to his knees sobbing at my rediculous notion of eating a snack of mashed potatoes. I asked him what the problem was and he informed me in his own words "I only eat my mashed potatoes with fresh garlic in them." Oh really little buddy....well gourmet mama aint getting paid tonight, so you're just going to have to deal! Uhmm yeah...the kid went hungry to practice...

5 comments:

Scott Family said...

Laura! This story is HILARIOUS! I can't believe school has already started for you guys...altho, it starts next Monday for us, so we are too far behind you. So our kiddos will be tired and melting down soon too :)

Coby

Kelly said...

That is funny!

Candice said...

well, yeah... who can eat mashed potatoes without fresh garlic? ;)

Monica said...

Man what a terrible mom, no fresh garlic??? That is funny! Makes me want mash potatoes and it is almost midnight!!

preacherman said...

Laura,
Thank you for sharing this with you. I had a great laugh. I needed it today. God bless you for your wonderful blog. I will visit as often as possible. I pray for you and your family often. You have precious boys. My 3 boys just finished and got out of school so tuckered out. One is alread asleep and we haven't even at dinner yet. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Send our love to your family. Thank you so much for wishing my mom a happy birthday she enjoyed it. Made he extremely happy. She had a great day! Again, have a great week.