Monday, August 18, 2008

Surprise! A summer update! We have had a great summer. We did a lot of painting to the house after our Disney trip. Randy painted the outside of the house, and he helped me strip and paint our kitchen. I lOVE it!
Randy's sister and husband and kids came to Texas this summer and we had a great time with them. We house sat for my parents a couple of times. Most recently we have been hanging out together playing Monopoly and spending time with each other before school starts next week. Bradley and Jake's good friends down the street have been out of town for the last month and just got back yesterday. So they are extatic to have their friends back. And I am glad you're back too Christi :)

I had a couple of biopsies done recently on some moles. The dermatologist said the pathology report showed they were progressing into melanoma, but weren't melanoma. I think it means they have potential to be melanoma. He removed two moles completely. I told him to go ahead and cut out the remaining 6, but he said he would wait, because they didn't look as bad and if he did that, I could posibbly have six more spots grown back when I go back in. I will go back every six months so he can check them. I'm not totally happy with having to watch moles all the time, but at least they can be cut out.

I missed not getting to see Mikah this summer, but I am glad they got moved into their new house. We have all our back to school shopping done. I can't believe Bradley will be in the 4TH GRADE!!! Crazy!

Well, on to the pictures. Jake found this frog in mimi and grandpa's pool and caught it. After a couple of times of being caught, I think the frog decided that just laying there, and playing dead was better than being chased all over the pool. Jake loved it, and I finally had to make him let the poor frog go :)





Kitchen pics....Before (All of the befores are from when we looked at the house to buy it, so the previous owners stuff is in the pictures)

After


Before

After...I love love love this built in being painted, you can finally see my Africa, Turkey, Uzbekistan collection on the counter top!



Before


After



9 comments:

DeeAnne said...

ok, the frog is cute and everything... but WOW! your house looks FANTASTIC!

boy, do we have a job for you! our kitchen needs a makeover, too! can work that magic in our house?

love you. it's great to see what ya'll have been up to.

JB said...

you kitchen is AMAZING!!! i know you are so proud of it. love the color.

thanks for the update

Scott Family said...

Laura and Randy,
The kitchen and dining area look AMAZING!! I am so excited with you and can't wait to see it in person next summer:) And congrats to the boys as they start another school year. I am glad you all have gotten some good time together before the Fall and football really takes off! Miss you guys and we check your blog DAILY so keep up the updates :)
Coby

Scott Family said...

PS...plus, we need to add to that Turkish collection next summer! Any ideas or thoughts? Let us know!
Coby

Kelly said...

Eeeeeeeek on the frogs (they freak me out). :)

The kitchen looks great...very impressive!

jaime s said...

Whoa!! What a difference! I LOVE it too!! You did a great job. It doesn't even look like the same place (especially the built ins).

Welcome back!!

candice said...

Wow, that looks like a big job! It looks great! You must love walking into your kitchen now and feeling such a sense of accomplishment.

That cracks me up that the frog decided to play dead. I'm all about my kids being comfortable touching bugs and critters, but I don't know about the frog on Jake's shoulder:). Ewww

I was so glad to see an update.

Monica said...

So impressed with all your work. I had been wondering what you were up too. Jake and the frog are too funny!! Your house looks great. Keep an eye on those moles. That melanoma is nothing to take lightly. I had a flash back to our summer as teens in my pool when you started talking about skin cancer. I fear that!!

Kendra said...

I love what you did in your kitchen and with the built ins!! Wow!! It looks SO good. And I think frogs are so cute . . .in pictures and glass cages. I'm thankful no one in our clan here (yet) has found it fun to catch them. Eek!