Friday, December 8, 2006

Mercy Me!!!

 

Oh my Goodness!!! I made the best last minute decision ever tonight! I heard on the radio this morning when I took Bradley to school that Mercy Me had a handful of tickets left for their Christmas show here in Greenville tonight (Five of their band members live here in Greenville). I had tried to call and get a hold of Randy all day today. Side note for those of you who don't know him well- he never checks his cell phone. He thinks if he checks it on his way home at 3:00 then that is making good use of his cell phone. UGHHHHHH. Anyway, He got home at 3:30 and I asked him if he wouldn't mind me going to the concert and of course he didn't care- His question---Who is Mercy Me? HA!

 

I asked Bradley if he wanted to go. He said no, so I just ran down at 4:00 and bought myself a ticket to the Mercy Me concert. It was the "rockinest" thing ever!!!!! I didn't realize how many songs on the radio are sung by Mercy Me. I knew I knew some of their songs but I didn't realize until tonight that I actually know all of their songs! They started the concert singing their hits. Then after a break they went into their Christmas songs. The show started at 7 and since I was by myself I got there really early and got to sit on the fifth row. Of course the maximum seating capacity in this place was 1500 so pretty much everyone had good seats. I loved it! If any of you ever get a chance to go to one of their concerts....they are the best!!! I think they have a show in Dallas in the spring.

For those of you who know me, I really like to plan out my day to day activities as well as month to month activities, so this is very unlike me to just do something like this that isn't planned and I'm so glad I did it because I hadn't had this much fun yelling and screaming in a loooong time!!!


  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kendra said...

That's so cool!! I want to go to one of their concerts, too - we have a live concert DVD that I love watching. We just got their Christmas CD a couple of weeks ago, too, and have LOVED it!!! Your boys would love the "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", I bet!! Thanks for sharing . .. good job being spontaneous!! ha!

thanks for the prayers, too - I appreciate it!!

Heather said...

Awesome! I have their Christmas CD and I love it. What a special treat. BTW I sent you an email, but can you call or email with your new address? I wanted to send you a Christmas Card.
Merry CHristmas

Candice said...

Laura, I need your address as well.

Glad you got to enjoy the concert.