Sunday, January 21, 2007

Arlington, Tickets, and My Weight

First of all, sorry for no pictures of furniture as I promised. We had to drive out to Arlington two times Friday once for pick up and then again to exchange the damaged piece we brought home. So, I don't have everything finished in the living room that I wanted. We have to rehang everything, so it may be another week before I post pictures of that.
I drove out to Arlington again today to go to one of my mom's jewelry classes in the Six Flags mall. It is amazing the stuff she can do. We soldered silver and made earrings and ear wires and toggles. Just amazing the stuff she can do and teach to others. I'm so impressed.

Tomorrow I have to go to Rockwall to show the judge that I sat through 6 1/2 excrutiating (sp?) hours of defensive driving Saturday. Never cross the median when you are stuck behind a wreck...you WILL get a ticket! I was the only one below the age of 50 in the class. I think everyone younger did their course on the internet. Yes we have SLOOOOOOOW diiiiiiaaaaalll uuuuuupppp!!!!!!

Now I'm going to share something that I have to in order to motivate myself. I know a lot of old high school and college friends read this so I am so embarrassed to share, but that's what will motivate me to do something about it. When I was pregnant with Bradley I gained 60 pounds and then took it off by the time he was 1 1/2. With Jake I gained 50 pounds, and never took off the extra weight that was not baby weight. I am a good 30 pounds over weight right now. UGGGGHHHHH!! I'm really tired of it. Just something about finding time for yourself after two kids that is sooo much harder than just one kid. But, now that Jake is in Mother's Day Out and he is four and much more independent, I know I can do it. Also we are planning a summer trip with some friends of ours and I really want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit and not have to miss out on fun parts of the vacation because of my weight.

Sooo.....I will be exercising to shed the weight. Dieting does not work for me, I have to be active. Also, I am going to try my hardest to give up the diet coke. No promises on that one, but I'm going to totally try! So there you go, I'm 30 pounds heavier than college. I am setting the goal of losing 20 pounds by this summer. Wow that's alot of pounds, and I can't believe I just told you all that!!!!!! Now I have to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Laura, Thanks for driving all the way back to Arlington for the 3rd time in 3 days. I loved having you in the class this afternoon. I am one very lucky and blessed mom! And thanks for the kind words. I was hoping that I didn't embarrass you too much!
Love you,
Mom

Monica said...

Good luck with your weight goal. On the diet coke situation, you could just switch to Diet Dr. Pepper. : ) I guess that would be defeating the point, but it sure is good stuff. The weight situtation is the thing I worry most about with being pregnant. I have gained some poundage since being married and now on top of that I am pregnant. You are not alone my friend. I am with you on diets not working. Send me to the gym and give me the weights. That is what works for me.