Wednesday, January 17, 2007

But I Didn't Get MY......

 
Sorry, no pictures of the giant slushie that is outside our house right now. First, our backyard flooded and then it froze and then it half way melts and then freezes all over. So, our backyard is really a giant slushie. The boys have had fun in it though.

We've had a good couple of days together as a family, because when school is canceled, dad stays home!!! We came up with a new game today of tackle basketball....GO figure...it was Jakes idea! We've also watched numerous movies. I will list them all and just know the boys did not watch all listed...... Ant Bully(do not recommend), Pirates of the Caribean- Dead man's Chest, How to Eat Fried Worms, The Last Kiss, Invincable, Honey I shrunk the Kids, and of course Honey I Blew Up the Kids. So that's what we've done in this wintry weather, chilled out and watched movies. It's been nice. We hardley ever rent movies.
 
Then tonight we had a hot dog and marshmallow roast in the fireplace. Sorry PaPa no Indian songs were sung :) The boys loved cooking their hotdogs and then catching their marshmallows on fire! We put the boys to bed early in hopes that school does not get canceled again tomorrow. (Okay that's more my hope than Randy's) Well, about five minutes after being in bed Jake comes out sobbing an says in a hardly understandable voice "But I didn't get my cheese soup!" What???? Hotdogs and marshmallows weren't good enough??? Last night for dinner I made cheese soup which consists of half a block of velveeta, ground beef, a can of each- Pinto beans, black beans, Kidney beans, corn, and rotel. The Kid loves it!!! I did give him a bowl of soup. I know I gave in, but the soup is healthy and he eats all those beans!! I'm in shock...I guess I'll make cheese soup more often! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The hot dog/marshmellow roast looks like lots of fun!

Monica said...

That must be some good cheese soup!!! Sometimes I wish I could turn tears on like a little kid so I could get what I want. Actually, writing this had made me want queso. I may have to make a run to Rosa's : ). Next time you come to town you need to let me know. I would love to see you and your cute boys. I think Jake looks a lot like you.

Brooks Inc. said...

Laura-

So good to hear from you...Your boys are precious!

We buy that oil stuff at the Healthy approach market in Colleyville. I am imagining most health food stores would have it. Neither of my boys have never had a problem drinking it but to be honest I have never tried it. I am nervous that if it tasted bad then I would feel bad about giving it to them...for now ignorance is bliss! :)

So glad you are doing well!
May the Lord continue to bless you and your sweet family!

Becky

Patti said...

Enjoyed dinner with you all this evening. Looks like you are really enjoying the fire place!
Love you,
Mom