Monday, April 9, 2007

Well, we knew we had a friend on our front porch, but we didn't realize until tonight just how friendly she was. I was in the kitchen painting the walls and watching The Bachelor. Randy was in the boys bathroom trying to fix the broken valve to the faucet in the boys bathtub. All of a sudden I hear water running in the bathroom. At first I thought, good Randy figured out how to fix it. Then I realized it sounded more like gushing water! I ran to the bathroom about the time Randy ran out with a soaking wet shirt. He had put the peice in upside down and wanted to turn it over but forgot that he still had the main water vavle turned on, so when he took out the peice, water started shooting straight out of the hot water knob, and hit the back wall of the bathtub, and was splashing all over the bathroom. I was cracking up! Randy ran outside to shut the water off, while I'm inside laughing my head off at my wonderful handyman.


Posted by Picasa


Well when Randy opens the door to come back in, our little bird friend here in the picture decides to fly in our house! I come out of the bathroom and scream, bc I see this massive thing flying in circles in my living room. Randy comes running in and calmly opens all the doors in the house expecting our little mama bird to just fly right on out. Oh no, she just kept flying and flying. She flew into the boys bedroom and the kitchen and then back to circles and circles in the living room. The only thing I could think to do was try to catch her with the pool net. I didn't want to hit her hard with it though and kill her, bc she has eggs in her nest outside. Well after 30 minutes of trying to help her out the door, we finally cornered her in the entry way and were able to get her back out the door. Poor thing. I'm sure she will sleep good tonight. I'm still laughing my head off at the entire situation!

8 comments:

Wade said...

Ha!

Don't you love chaos & pandemonium?

Laura Scott said...

Wade,
Only when I'm not the cause of the choas! Hee hee!

DeeAnne said...

haha! what did the boys think about all of this excitement?

Patti said...

I bet the boys were wide awake after all this excitement! Reminds me of the time that I left the candle burning and in the middle of the night the fire alarm went off. The decorative cover on the candle holder had caught on fire and was about to light the bookcase. There was lots of smoke and frantic opening of doors and windows. Haven't been allowed to have many candles since that incident!
Love you,
Mom

Laura Scott said...

Oh the boys were extatic(sp)! I actually had flash backs to an argument Jake and I had back in December about if he could keep a deer for a pet if it came in our house and climbed up his ladder in the night time and got in the top bunk with him. After a couple of minutes I realized I was arguing with a four year old about a wild deer climbing up his ladder! I said fine Jake you can have a pet deer if that happens. Now after seeing a wild bird land on his bed post last night, I'm not so sure that a wild deeer in the top bunk seems that far fetched! :)

jaime s said...

Never a dull moment at your house!! Thanks for the great metal pictures!! I know the boys were loving all the action!

Monica said...

This happened to me once in college. I remember catching the bird in a placemat and letting it go outside. Of course that was after a lot of screaming and running around franticly trying to figure out what to do. I remember thinking this is just a little bird, but it seemed like a hawk after my eyeballs when it flew into my home. I am not sure that I ever told my roommates I caught it in a placemat because the placemats did not belong to me. I could get introuble if one of them reads this I guess. Good thing they all live far away now. : )

Kendra said...

amazing the chaos and excitement a sweet little bird can cause, huh? That's a funny story!
kendra