Saturday, September 1, 2007

Walmart Made my Day!



Seeing that I have had a very crazy, busy week, I have sort of neglected getting the Sunday School curriculum together for tomorrow, and for the teachers that will be teaching next week. So, that's three classes that I have to find different games and crafts for all on the same story of Moses (not the whole story, just the part where God wins and the Israelites cross the red sea). It's for toddlers as well so you also have to keep in mind anything little could be a choking hazard. We study the same story all month, so the first two weeks is fairly easy to come up with different ideas, but by the third week you start really having to search. Anyway, I was trying to come up with stuff tonight and ventured out to Walmart to see if I could find any "quick solutions" And although I found no ideas for crafts or games I did find these cute toys to use as bible story visuals....I am so excited about them! They had a set for Moses (obviously), Noah, Jesus' birth, David, Daniel, Jonah... They even had Big figures that told their own story...but they were kind of out of my budget. I had to really refrain from not buying more than just Moses, because I know Jonah is in our curriculum for later in the year. Oh well, I will buy them as we go!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Cool find!!!

Anne said...

That's the best Bible Class find--no coloring or laminating involed!

I have started my own blog, and so has Bonnie. Mine is gannieharg.blogspot.com, and bonnie's link is listed there. I have really enjoyed following yours so much--you inspired me!